Thursday, December 18, 2025

My Music Taste

I love music,who doesn’t? I don’t think I’ve ever met anyone who truly dislikes it. Music feels almost universal, like a shared language we all understand a little differently.

My favorite genres are art pop, folk, classical, and classic rock. I dabble in indie now and then, but I tend to avoid rap, which I usually find more annoying than enjoyable. I also have a complicated relationship with country music: as a genre, it’s not really my thing, but I grew up in a more yee-haw type town so some songs can be nostalgic.

Country (A Very Short List)

The country songs I enjoy are:

  • “Forever and Ever, Amen” – Randy Travis

  • “Wagon Wheel” – Darius Rucker

And that’s it.

Rock: 80s Forever

When it comes to rock, I love anything from the 80s, Whitesnake, Def Leppard, Bon Jovi, Van Halen. There’s something so heartwarming and distinctly nostalgic about it. I didn’t grow up in the 80s, but I can never get enough of the music.

Some of my favorite rock songs include:

  • “Bad Medicine”

  • “Pour Some Sugar on Me”

  • “Still of the Night”

  • “Turn Up the Radio”

  • “Fly High Michelle”

Pop Favorites

Pop is where my taste really spreads out. I love Oklou, Michael Jackson, Peggy Gou, PinkPantheress, After, Lady Gaga, Tate McRae, Addison Rae, Billie Eilish, Chlöe x Halle, and Whitney Houston. And honestly, I can get down to anything 80s.

Some specific favorites:

  • “Harvest Sky” – Oklou

  • “Purple Horizon” – Peggy Gou

  • “Times Like These” – Addison Rae

  • “Together Again” – Janet Jackson

  • Anything from Thriller, HIStory, and Bad – Michael Jackson

  • “300 Dreams” – After

  • “Girl Like Me” – PinkPantheress

  • “Unlimited Ammo” – Namasenda

Folk: My Creative Comfort Genre

Folk is my favorite genre for writing, painting, or falling asleep. It feels grounding and gentle in a way no other genre does. I especially love The Paper Kites, Gregory Alan Isakov, Fleet Foxes, and Kacey Musgraves.

Some songs I return to again and again:

  • “On the Train Ride Home” – The Paper Kites

  • “Give Me Your Fire, Give Me Your Rain” – The Paper Kites

  • “Second Chances” – Gregory Alan Isakov

  • “The Architect” – Kacey Musgraves

  • “The Pool” – River Whyless

  • “Michigan Cherry” – River Whyless

  • “Without a Light” – Drew Holcomb & the Neighbors

  • “The Archer” – Adam Melchor

  • “Promise” – Ben Howard

Other Artists I Love

Stevie Wonder, Lizzy McAlpine, Leith Ross, and Phoebe Bridgers all have a special place in my heart.

My All-Time Favorite Songs

If I had to choose:

  1. “Smile” – Nat King Cole (my favorite song of all time)

  2. “Human Nature” – Michael Jackson (a very close second)

  3. “The Swan” – Camille Saint-Saëns

This only skims the surface of my music taste, but it’s a solid starting guide. Thanks for reading, hopefully you discovered some good music along the way. I might make a part two, focusing more on my favorite oldies.



No comments:

Post a Comment

About me with pics

I like music :) Me. Hewwo! My name is Camiwwa! Dis is my hair This is me in a dress because im a member of the church of Jesus Christ of Lat...